WHAT IS Junior Innovate?
Junior Innovate is a competition to inspire digital creator mindset and life skills amongst primary school students in preparation for jobs of the future.
- Students today consume rather than create with technology. They indulge heavily in social media and computer games.
- The program provides opportunity for them to create and apply open-source technologies in various fields.
- In a consuming mode as opposed to creating mode, students lack opportunities to develop life skills — communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
- The program provides opportunity for them to invest in developing the projects of their interest. The experiential learning journey nurtures their life skills.
Components in Junior innovate
- Embedded system with Scratch programming
- Complementing schools’ coding class
- Relating coding to the physical world
- Realising ideas and learnings
- Build physical projects incorporating technology
- Present their projects
- A platform to apply English
IMPACT OF THE PROGRAM
- Coding, Embedded System and other related knowledge for Industry 4.0
- Application of English
- 21st century teaching skills
- Exposes students to coding, embedded system and other related knowledge for Industry 4.0
- A platform for students to apply English
- Opportunity for students to apply Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS)
- Creation of innovative projects annually
- Creating awareness amongst parents on the importance of digital making
- A knowledge that the teachers can take along with them whichever schools they go and continue to create an impact
- Senior students will be able to guide junior students through the digital maker club platform