ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Junior Innovate is a competition
to inspire digital creator mindset and life skills
amongst primary school students
in preparation for jobs of the future.
Students today consume rather than create with technology. They indulge heavily in social media and computer games.
The program provides opportunity for them to create and apply open-source technologies in various fields.
In a consuming mode as opposed to creating mode, students lack opportunities to develop life skills — communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
The program provides opportunity for them to invest in developing the projects of their interest. The experiential learning journey nurtures their life skills.
COMPONENTS IN JUNIOR INNOVATE
- Embedded system with Scratch programming
- Complementing schools’ coding class
- Relating coding to the physical world
- Realising ideas and learnings
- Build physical projects incorporating technology
- Present their projects
- A platform to apply English
IMPACT OF THE PROGRAM
- Exposes students to coding, embedded system and other related knowledge for Industry 4.0
- A platform for students to apply English
- Opportunity for students to apply Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS)
- Creation of innovative projects annually
- Creating awareness amongst parents on the importance of digital making
- A knowledge that the teachers can take along with them whichever schools they go and continue to create an impact
- Senior students will be able to guide junior students through the digital maker club platform